Monday, January 7, 2013

Taming of the Scraps

Since my dear hubby created a new home for my Studio die cutter yesterday I decided this morning was a good time to try it out and try to take control of my ever over flowing scrap basket. So I grabbed a couple of small totes and filled them with scraps and headed for the cutter.
I love working with scraps a little out of necessity but mostly because I like the look of scrap quilts.  More and more books feature 2 1/2" strips which are my favorite to work with, not to mention my love for Jelly Rolls.  It seems with just what is left from creating a quilt top or the edges of backing trimmed from a quilt mixed with leftovers from other projects many exciting projects can be made.  
So I loaded my die cutter a few times 
And now I have another drawer of 2 1/2" strips at my disposal to instantly start sewing into a project.  
And my overflowing scrap basket is now..... not as overflowing.


No comments:

Post a Comment