Sunday, June 2, 2013

Getting Organized for June and Slow Stitching Sunday

Ahhh, could you hear that sigh of relief?  I feel like I have been in limbo the last two month as I have worked on my Challenge for my local guild. But at 12:28 today it is finished.   It is only 18x28 but it took me longer than a large quilt.  I did challenge myself and tried new techniques and some I dreamed up on my own.  I STILL can't show you, but we will reveal them is coming Thursday at meeting and then I will tell you what I have been up to these last two months I have been absent from blogland.

I have missed linking up to the various Linky Parties and am going to try to get back in the swing of things.  I spent a little time this afternoon doing a little slow stitching on my long neglected Candle Mat I started a few months ago.  Here is my progress.....
Sorry it is a little wrinkled, but as soon as I finish my post it will be back in my hand.  I"m linking up to Slow Stitching Sunday today and hope to finish the embroidery before the end of the evening
 I still have to draw some lines for stitching in the upper left and lower right corners. I am so excited to be ready for that because last week my dear hubby found this WONDERFUL Light Pad for my tracing. It is 24"x36" can't wait to use it on a large embroidery. He know how much I use my little light box for embroidery and applique so he thought this would be just the ticket for me.

It is really much brighter than my light box.  Hubby said we needed to mount it on the wall for x-rays and "that" is hubby's sense of humor..but I did laugh.
Well that is all for today but I'll be back soon.  I'm writing my goals for June so I can link up to A Lovely Year of Finishes before the time expires.  Hope you are having happy sunny days

4 comments:

  1. I have been wondering how you are! So great to see your blog today! In dealing with son's up coming wedding this Saturday and the 4th dentist trip this Wednesday, I am taking one day at a time, sweet Jesus.....You inspire me once more Sherry! Hugs, Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging can fall behind when life gets in the way,but I am glad you founds some time to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your pretty stitching...thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see you chugging along. I have not sewed in weeks. Just haven't felt well. Not bad sick just not good. Love your candle Mat and the light box.
    Sue McGarry

    ReplyDelete